Sunday, April 27, 2014

First Prep Sunday: a Review in Pics


crossing the finish line=
  • roasted sweet potatoes (about 4 average sized s. potatoes)
  • ready to eat strawberries (1 quart, organic)
  • veggie sticks: peppers (2), carrots (5), celery(4), cucumber (1) (all organic)
  • lentils for burgers al 101 Cookbooks
  • yogurt cups with fruit on the bottom (2 yogurt cups -pineapple and blueberry/pinapple)
  • fat cheese sticks (grassfed cheddar from TJ)
  • sunflower date treats a la Shutterbean
  • hard steamed eggs (4 steamed to perfection in 12 minutes)
  • granola a la Shutterbean
  • Cas-ziki for dipping (recipe coming soon)
  • ready to eat kiwi
It took me about 4 hours from start to finish (and that's with P deciding not to nap).









Having a checklist was KEY for me!  Even though I didn't check it all off I I still felt accomplished.  Other keys to success include grocery shopping the day before and starting with clean counters and sink.

Fruit and veggies washed in vinegar water


fat cheese sticks and kiwi on the verge of peeling


It was definitely worth the work.  And thanks largely to the sticks I have never eaten so many veggies in my life. Throughout the week, I reaped the benefits of the time I spent toiling away on Sunday.

Will I do it again?  Survey says YES! In fact I just finished my second prep just before writing this post.
















No comments:

Post a Comment