Thursday, September 29, 2011

CSA Summer (Week 16) to Fall (Week 1)

Ah, the seasons are changing.  I'm a summer kind of girl, so the cooling weather is not my cup of tea but the changing produce, now that's something I can get excited about.

Summer share Week 16
Week 16 of my summer share
eggs, tender collards, salad mix, eggplant, butternut squash, green tomatoes, garlic

How I cooked it:
  • Liberian style collard greens fried with chard in bacon drippings
  • A salad topped with sauted green tomatoes, onions and garlic (sort of a warm green salsa)
  • Kitchen bin salad with carrots, walnuts, sliced garlic, dressed with oil and vin (Oooo I should have topped this salad with an egg)

Fall CSA Fall Week 1
CSA Fall Share Wk 1
spinach, bell peppers, butternut squash, kale (lacinato mehaps), celery root and collards, eggs (not pictured)

How I plan to cook it:
  • Warm spinach bacon salad
  • more Liberian greens
  • Kale chips
  • Celery root and apple salad

No comments:

Post a Comment